Canossian Mission Extends from Hong Kong to the Philippines and beyond…
Welcome to the archive museum of the Sacred Heart Province Philippines-Papua New Guinea (PNG).
The first community of the Canossian Sisters in the Philippines was founded in 1954 by the Province of Regina Martyrum of Hong Kong during the geographic expansion and organization of the Canossian Missions in the 1950s in Asia and the Pacific.
The journey of the Sacred Heart Province which started in Sta. Rosa, Laguna has grown to 20 communities across the islands of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
This archive museum speaks of the courage and zeal of our Pioneer Sisters and those who came after them that enabled the Canossian charism to take root in the Philippines and PNG.
It also re-enkindles the call to live the “MORE’ of our Mother Foundress, St. Magdalene of Canossa, to live “totally engaged in looking for the Divine Glory and the salvation of souls” today and in the years ahead.